Mathematics and Popular Culture Talks
Sarah J. Greenwald,
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
Futurama πk - Mathematics in the Year 3000,
Select Media Coverage and
"The Simpsons Rule: Mathematical Morsels from The Simpsons"
- Cal State Northridge, with Andrew Nestler, May 13, 2005.
- Cal Poly Pomona, with Andrew Nestler, April 7, 2005.
- University of Pennsylvania, Pi Mu Epsilon talk, April 21, 2004
Walter Payton College Prep:
An Illinois International High School, Chicago, IL, November 22, 2003
Union College, October 23, 2003
Fall Meeting of
the Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware (EPADEL) section of the MAA,
University of Pennsylvania, with Andrew Nestler, November 9, 2002
Davidson College, October 24, 2002
Spectrum Lecture, UMN Duluth, October 17, 2002
Undergraduate Connecticut Valley Colloquium, Amherst College,
with Andrew Nestler, September 26, 2002
MAA Southern California section meeting, California Institute of Technology,
with Andrew Nestler, March 16, 2002
Harvey Mudd College, with Andrew Nestler, March 14, 2002
UNC Asheville, February 20, 2002
"Good News, Everyone! Mathematical Morsels from The Simpsons and Futurama"
- University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, October 11, 2007.
- Summer Ventures, Appalchian State University, July 11, 2007.
- Governor's School West, Salem College, July 2, 2007.
- Western Washington University, May, 19, 2007.
- 20th Century Fox Studios, Los Angeles, CA, March 15, 2007.
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, November 12, 2006.
- American University, October 27, 2006.
- Lewis and Clark College, October 19, 2006.
- Davidson College, September 27, 2006.
- Horizons School, Atlanta, GA, September 1, 2006.
- Spelman College, August 31, 2006.
- Governor's School West, Salem College, July 28, 2006.
- Summer Ventures, Appalachian State University, July 20, 2006.
- US Naval Academy, April 18, 2006.
- MAA State Dinner, Wake Forest University, April 12, 2006.
- Dartmouth College, November 17, 2005.
- Macalester College, November 3, 2005.
- MSRI (Mathematical Science Research Institute), with Ken Keeler and Jeff Westbrook,
October 16, 2005.
- 26th Annual Krost Symposium on The Creative Journey: Creativity at the Intersection of Art
and Science, Texas Lutheran University, September 29, 2005.
- Simon's Rock College, September 22, 2005.
- MathClub, Hollywood, CA, with Andrew Nestler, April 6, 2005.
- Western Carolina University, April 13, 2005.
- High Point University, January 26, 2005.
"Futurama πk - Mathematics in the Year 3000"
- Joint Mathematics Meeting,
Phoenix, AZ, Friday, January 9, 2004, 10:45-10:55am
"r dr r: Engaging Students with Significant Mathematical Content from
The Simpsons TM and copyright
Twentieth Century Fox
and its related companies.
This web site is
for educational use only.
To view these pages, you must agree
to these terms.
We do not benefit financially in any way from this web site.
The images on these pages were
taken from episodes of The Simpsons that are copyrighted by
Twentieth Century Fox.
We will not distribute audio, video or image files.
Metropolitan Mathematics Club of Chicago, Chicago, IL,
with Andrew Nestler, November 21, 2003
- MAA MathFest, Burlington, VT, August 2, 2002
- MAA MathFest, Madison, WI, with Andrew Nestler, August 3, 2001
This web site, its
operators, and any content contained on this site relating to
are not specifically authorized by Fox.