Tape all components of your project up, including the annotated bibliography.
During your session, you must stand by your project,
to present your project to classmates and answer their questions.
By the end of class, turn in your project components and peer review and
self evaluation. Partners are in different sessions.
I can only spend a limited amount of time on each project (so I can get
around), but I'll look at your project more carefully later!
Peer Review: The depth
of peer review is more important than getting to everyone who is
not in your research session, but regardless, you should spend the entire
research session engaging in differential geometry
discussions and reflections.
Neighbors: During your research session, if you are
waiting for someone to come hear you, then listen to your neighbors and do a
partial peer review of their project.
- Name of the person and the topic
- List the topics from class that relate
- Give suggestions for improvement on part 1 (the review of related class material)
- List a few strengths of the project
- Give suggestions for improvement on the presentation or other
portions of the project
- All content appears to be original or citated in the annotated
[2 = definitely, 1 = could use some improvement, 0 = major improvement needed here]
- How much time and effort does it look like they
put into their work, as compared to your own effort?
[2 = more than me, 1 = about the same as me, 0 = less than me]
- What did you learn?
- What is your favorite part of their project?
- Invent a question about the project. List the question and the person's
Self Evaluation: Answer the following after you have presented
Final Grades: I won't have time to update ASULearn - your final
grade will be available at Appalnet/Registrar.
Exams are 50% and problem sets are 30% and so I expect that most of your
letter grades won't change from what I posted on test 2
(I've done some preliminary optimistic
"what if" calculations of A or B on this project to see if that makes
However, in a few cases
hw 7, test revisions, recent absences impacting participation, or
this project will change the letter grade.
Feel free to stop by office hours
tomorrow or next semester to discuss your final project
or anything else and happy break!
I've enjoyed working with you!
If you are looking for more differential geometry, there is so much more
including Michael Spivak's classic five volumes!
- Your name and topic
- What would you have improved about your project?
- What did you feel went well?