Homework Question Assignment 2
For homework question assignments, you
respond to targeted homework questions based on articles,
videos and/or research that
relate to learning goals 1-6 in the syllabus.
These are low stakes assignments designed to help you engage with
the material. I will mark whether you attempted the questions and a good
faith effort is all I ask
for at this point. These may be informally hand written, typed or spoken
expositions such as bullet points.
They are due at the beginning of class before our class
discussion, so you may want a second copy, for example by taking a picture
of your work. There is no late work
accepted, but the lowest two homework question assignments can be dropped.
- Choose a representation of a female in popular culture that you
are familiar with. List their name and where they are portrayed.
(Example: Hermione Granger, Harry Potter movies and books)
- Can you think of women in popular culture which either validate and/or contradict the norms discussed in this article? If so, then list their names here.
- If you answered yes to the last question, then skip this one. Otherwise, take your answer to #1 and briefly summarize how they are portrayed with respect to relationships, physical appearance, and work.
- Are there aspects of the article you disagreed with? If so, list them.
- If you answered yes to the last question, then skip this one. Otherwise, what most interested you about this article?
So you will answer question 1, (question 2 or 3) and (question 4 or 5) - 3 questions total.