Tape all components of your project up, including the annotated bibliography.
During your session, you must stand by your project,
to present your project to classmates and answer their questions. During the
other session, you will talk to others about their research and fill out peer
review. By the end of class, turn in your project components and peer review and self evaluation, and test revisions either today or tomorrow.
Peer Review: The depth
of peer review is more important than getting to everyone who is
not in your research session, but regardless, you should spend the entire
research session engaging in linear algebra discussions and reflections.
Neighbors: During your research session, if you are
waiting for someone to come hear you, then listen to your neighbors
(but stay by your project) and do a
partial peer review of their project.
- Name of the person and the topic
- List the topics from class that relate
- Give suggestions for improvement on part 1 (the review of related class material)
- List a few strengths of the project
- Give suggestions for improvement on the presentation or other
portions of the project
- All content appears to be original or cited in the annotated
[2 = definitely, 1 = could use some improvement, 0 = major improvement needed here]
- How much time and effort does it look like they
put into their work, as compared to your own effort?
[2 = more than me, 1 = about the same as me, 0 = less than me]
- What did you learn?
- What is your favorite part of their project?
- Invent a question about the project. List the question and the person's
Self Evaluation: Answer the following after you have presented
Final Grades: I won't have time to update ASULearn - your final
be available at Appalnet/Registrar. Since exams are 50%
and problem sets are 30% you can already have a good idea of what your grade
will be (participation 5% and this project 15%).
I've enjoyed working with you! Have a great summer...
- Your name and topic
- What would you have improved about your project?
- What did you feel went well?